COURSE RESERVE MATERIAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR MAYMESTER AND SUMMER SEMESTER 2024: Monday, April 22, 2024.
Lists for readings, books and personal materials to be placed on reserve for the upcoming semester are guaranteed to be available on the first day of the semester if they are received by the deadline. For Maymester and Summer Semester 2024, the deadline is Monday, April 22, 2024. Requests submitted after the deadline will be processed in the order they are received. Instructors will be notified when their reserve lists have been processed and items are available for use.
The University of Georgia Libraries are committed to complying with the United States Copyright Act of 1976 and all applicable intellectual property laws. The UGA Libraries are not responsible for obtaining copyright clearances or permissions from copyright holders for materials submitted for use as course reserves. Additional copyright information is provided on this library resource guide.
Before submitting material to be placed on reserve, instructors should review the Board of Regents Policy on the Use of Copyrighted Works in Education and Research, which also includes a Fair Use Checklist to assist instructors in determining whether their intended educational use of copyrighted material is within fair use. If you determine your intended use is not a fair use, request permission from the copyright holder. Permissions can generally be obtained from the Copyright Clearance Center or from the copyright holder.
Submitting Material(s) for Course Reserves
- Please provide all requested bibliographic information on the Reserve List form. The names of titles listed on the class syllabus should be consistent with the way they are noted on the reserve request. Personal copies of books and other materials will have barcodes and in-house call numbers added when they are processed for course reserves.
- To retain a reserve list from a previous semester, please complete the Submission Form by the deadline. Current course reserves will be removed at the end of the semester unless a retain list request has been received.
- Passwords are required for e-reserves and must change each semester.
- Submission Form for submitting reserve materials. Please use this form to submit the initial list, any additions to a list, and to reactivate/retain a list.
- eLC: Instructors may choose to have reserves imported into the eLC . Please check the eLC option on the Submission Form or contact the Course Reserves staff at 706-542-3256 for more information.
For assistance with Course Reserves submissions, please contact the Course Reserves Coordinator at the Main Library at 706.542.2081 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For Course Reserves assistance at the McBay Science Library, please call 706-542-4535 or email email@example.com.
The UGA Libraries reserve the right to limit the number of items on reserve for a given course based on copyright constraints.
WARNING OF COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS1
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of the copyright materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, library and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than in private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The University of Georgia Libraries reserve the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if, in its judgement fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
1 37 C.F.R. §201.14