Public access carrels
Public access carrels are available in both the Main and Science Libraries. The following carrels are available on a first come-first served basis:
|MAIN LIBRARY||MCBAY SCIENCE LIBRARY|
336, 337, 338, 339.
347 is a quiet/meditation carrel, which is also first come, first served.
All Carrels are Public Access
|Fourth Floor||433, 434, 435||Fourth Floor||426-432, 473-476|
|Fifth Floor||531, 532, 533|
|Sixth Floor||6-Left, 6-Middle, 6-Right|
Restricted Access Carrels
Study carrels in the Main and McBay Science Libraries can be reserved by eligible UGA faculty members and graduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Faculty members engaged in library research
- Doctoral candidates who are currently writing their dissertation
- Master's candidates who are currently writing their thesis
- Carrels are assigned for research only; they are not intended for office or conference space.
- A key deposit of $35 is required upon assignment.
- The initial carrel assignment is for one year.
- Carrel holders must be currently enrolled or employed by the University of Georgia.
- The key deposit is forfeited if the carrel key is not returned to the Access Services Department.
- All library materials kept in the carrel must be checked out to the carrel or the carrel holder.
Please use the carrel application form for Main or McBay Science to request a carrel. When completed, please submit the application to the Circulation Desk at either library or send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Carrels are assigned by appointment only.