Making a Gift
Acquiring, preserving and providing access to library materials in all subject areas remains our topmost priority and critical need. There are a variety of ways to support the library with giving opportunities at every level:
- Annual Fund Gifts -- Gifts to the Libraries Annual Fund are unrestricted funds that allow us the flexibility to direct the resources where they’re needed most.
- Matching Gifts allow your gift to be doubled or even tripled! Check this page to see if your company is a matching gift company!
- Establishing an Endowment -- Creating an endowment allows you to support a particular field of inquiry while making a philanthropic statement that will be honored in perpetuity.
- Books of Honor -- This program allows you to add to the general collection fund while honoring a friend or loved one.
- Naming Opportunities -- There are a number of naming opportunities in two beautiful buildings, the Miller Learning Center, opened August 2003, and the Special Collections Building, which opened in 2012.
Planned gifts are designed for those who wish to support the UGA Libraries in a significant way through their estate. Many estate planning strategies are also financially advantageous for the donor. There are numerous way to include the Library in your estate plans. Please call us to help answer questions.
If you would like to make a gift to the University of Georgia Libraries and you would like to send a check, please make the check payable to the UGA Foundation and mail it to:
Office of Development
320 South Jackson St.
Athens, GA 30602
Gifts of Materials
Key segments of our collection were established through gifts of personal collections. Gifts of materials (including books, manuscripts and journals) are very important to enhancing our holdings, and we are especially grateful to those who have chosen to donate their personal collections to the UGA Library, thereby making them available to the scholarly community for teaching and research.